We can't do this on our own
There are many services involved in the care of the women we support and their families. As a result, partnerships are central to our services, research and policy work.
At Birth Companions we collaborate with:
- service providers and commissioners
- women with lived experience
- academics and research bodies
- other voluntary and community sector organisations
- policy-makers and parliamentarians
- grant-makers and funding bodies
We have strong ongoing alliances with a number of specialist organisations, professional bodies and academics, including:
- Women in Prison
- Clean Break
- Happy Baby Community
- Revolving Doors Agency
- The Royal College of Midwives
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- The Centre for Child and Family Justice Research, Lancaster University
- Nuffield Family Justice Observatory
- Dr Laura Abbott, Senior Lecturer in Midwifery, University of Hertfordshire
- Dr Shona Minson, British Academy Post Doctoral Fellow, Centre for Criminology, University of Oxford
- Dr Lucy Baldwin, Senior Lecturer in Community and Criminal Justice, De Montfort University
- University of Central Lancashire
We are also members of the Women’s Justice Coalition, the Maternal Mental Health Alliance (MMHA), Agenda, and the Pregnancy and Baby Charities Network (PBCN); see who else in involved in the PBCN here.
If you are interested in working in partnership with us, please get in touch.